Reasons to choose Critical Illness Cover
- Critical illness cover has you covered for many serious illnesses and can be bought alongside life cover, or on its own. Similar to serious illness cover, our advisers will explain the difference
- It pays out a tax-free lump sum, or income - when you need it most
- Some policies can also pay out if your children get seriously ill
Why taking expert advice makes the difference
- Different policies cover different illnesses - we'll help you choose what matters
- Like most things in life, you get what you pay for and the cheapest isn't always best. Our advisers will find the best cover for you
- You can combine critical illness cover with another LifeSearch policy, or to compliment an existing policy you already have in place
Watch our Critical Illness Cover video
Frequently asked questions about this type of policy
Critical illness cover pays a tax-free lump sum if you’re diagnosed with a critical illness during the term of the policy. You decide on the length of the policy: many people choose to have cover until their kids have flown the nest, until the mortgage is paid, or until they plan to retire.
Think of critical illness cover like car insurance: you pay every month or year for it and hope you never ever need to use it, but you feel better knowing it’s there. Just in case.
All critical illness covers include the main serious illnesses you might suffer from - coronary artery bypass, major heart attack, kidney failure, major organ transplant, multiple sclerosis, stroke and a defined set of specific cancers.
The list doesn’t stop there though, as plans can cover many more, along with cover tailored to your kids.
If you're unfortunate enough to need to make a claim, the insurer will assess your situation, and assuming your diagnosis meets the terms & conditions they will payout directly to you. We have a dedicated claims team to help you every step of the way.
Terminal illness cover pays out at the point you're diagnosed with a terminal illness, rather than when you're no longer here.
Critical illness cover protects you if you're diagnosed with a critical, but not necessarily fatal, illness during the length of your protection.
A quick guide to critical illness insurance
18 May 2020
The low-down on protection insurance
14 Jul 2020
We’re recommended by these huge brands to help their customers
Since 1998, happy LifeSearch teams have protected more than 640,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market: insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Over 80 awards and a super-high TrustPilot score
- Top #3 in Sunday Times Best Places to Work
47 years old - the average age of a claimant
Heart attack, cancers and stroke account for over 80% of claims