As a minimum, all pages of this website aim to conform to level A of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. These guidelines are the internationally recognised benchmark for building accessible web pages.
Here at LifeSearch we are passionate about protecting families so we aim to ensure our services are accessible to everyone and here’s how:
Making the most of your visit to LifeSearch
Our website has been tested as compatible with the following web browsers and where possible the latest versions.
- Internet Explorer (Windows)
- Google Chrome
- Firefox (Windows and Mac)
- Safari (Mac)
- Opera v9
We fully support the use of the Text Relay resource, just add 18001 before our telephone number to use the service. You can resize the text, change the font and colours of our website to help you navigate around. Here are some useful links to help you do that and more….
- Make your mouse easier to use - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=making-your-mouse-easier-use
- Use your keyboard instead of a mouse - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=keyboard-shortcuts
- Talk to your device - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=talking-your-device
- Make your device talk to you - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=making-your-device-talk-you
- Make text larger - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=making-text-larger
- Change your colours - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=changing-your-colours
- Magnify the screen - https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/?match-tag=magnifying-screen
If you need large print, Braille or audio versions of any of the insurers literature you receive through.
LifeSearch we will try our best to accommodate this. Please call 0845 070 0401 or contact us in any of the alternative ways listed below.
How did we do?
Please get in touch and let us know how easy our website was to use….
- Email us at email@example.com
- Fax us on 0845 458 0365
- Phone us on 0203 764 0103
- Write to us at: - LifeSearch Limited, 401 Grafton Gate East, Milton Keynes, MK9 1AT. **Please be aware that due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, it may take us a little longer to receive your mail, particularly where re-directions are in place.