How can we help you find your perfect cover?
Why Income Protection Insurance?
- You're much more likely to be off work sick than you are to pass away before retirement
- If you're off work sick or injured, income protection means you still can pay bills and provide for your loved ones
- While state benefits change with government policy, income protection is a contract and a promise
Why expert advice makes the difference
- Meeting spending obligations minus an income isn't easy so income protection really can make the difference
- Even if your budget's tight we'll help you identify the cover that fits your needs
- Being unable to earn is less of a worry when your wages are protected
Watch our Income Protection Cover video
Frequently asked questions about this type of policy
Income protection insurance can provide an income if you’re unable to work through sickness or injury - covering your essential outgoings.
Income protection policies can be divided into two general types: short-term and long-term. A short-term policy, as its name implies, only gives you an income for a present limited time, such as six or 12 months. Long-term policies pay you for as long as the policy allows, which might be right through to your retirement or a longer set period, such as 40 years.
Of course. income protection insurance is available to self-employed, primary carers, part-time workers, contractors and more; our expert advisers can provide you with a tailored quote.
Even if you have some difficulty proving your income, there are plenty of options available.
Income protection covers you for most illnesses that leave you unable to work: stress-related illnesses, back conditions, cancer or a serious heart condition. The focus is on not being able to work, as opposed to the illness or injury you’ve sustained.
You won’t be covered for pre-existing and chronic conditions that you knew about before taking out your policy, alcohol or drug misuse, criminal acts, cosmetic surgery or redundancy.
A quick guide to income protection insurance
COVID-19 and income protection insurance
If you have an income protection policy or are thinking about buying cover, this guide is for you!
Thinking about cancelling your protection insurance? Here’s what you need to know
Here we take a look at two popular insurance products and help you work out which one you might need
We think trusts are pretty cool! Find out our top three reasons why in this guide
We’re recommended by these huge brands to help their customers
Since 1998 we've protected more than 750,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market - insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Multiple award winners for our customer service, culture and campaigning
- Trustpilot 'Excellent' year after year from thousands of reviews
Each year, one million people in the UK become unable to work due to illness / injury
At least 7% of income protection claims pay out in the first five years of a policy being taken out