Reasons to choose Income Protection Insurance
- Think about it - you're more likely to be off work sick than you are to pass away before retirement, so this is the most essential cover available
- If you're sick or injured, this insurance will enable you to pay your bills and provide for you and your loved ones
- Where state benefits can and do change inline with government policy, this cover is a contract and a promise to you that won't change
Why taking expert advice makes the difference
- Income protection is one of the most important insurances, as without a regular income you could be hard-pressed to pay the bills
- Even if your budget is tight - we'll help you prioritise which cover is best for you
- Being unable to earn is less of a worry when you know your wages are protected
Watch our Income Protection Cover video
Frequently asked questions about this type of policy
Income protection insurance can provide an income if you’re unable to work through sickness or injury - covering your essential outgoings.
Income protection policies can be divided into two general types: short-term and long-term. A short-term policy, as its name implies, only gives you an income for a present limited time, such as six or 12 months. Long-term policies pay you for as long as the policy allows, which might be right through to your retirement or a longer set period, such as 40 years.
Of course. income protection insurance is available to self-employed, primary carers, part-time workers, contractors and more; our expert advisers can provide you with a tailored quote.
Even if you have some difficulty proving your income, there are plenty of options available.
Income protection covers you for most illnesses that leave you unable to work: stress-related illnesses, back conditions, cancer or a serious heart condition. The focus is on not being able to work, as opposed to the illness or injury you’ve sustained.
You won’t be covered for pre-existing and chronic conditions that you knew about before taking out your policy, alcohol or drug misuse, criminal acts, cosmetic surgery or redundancy.
A quick guide to income protection insurance
COVID-19 and income protection insurance
If you have an income protection policy or are thinking about buying cover, this guide is for you!
New protection scheme for BIBA members from LifeSearch
A new mental health app, built for the NHS, is widening its accessibility to all UK public and private sector companies
We're purpose-built to protect, support, and stand up for families. Come see what makes us different.
We’re recommended by these huge brands to help their customers
Since 1998, happy LifeSearch teams have protected more than 700,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market: insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Multiple winners; Protection Review & Money Marketing Awards
- Trustpilot ‘Excellent’ year after year from thousands of reviews
Each year, one million people in the UK become unable to work due to illness / injury
At least 7% of income protection claims pay out in the first five years of a policy being taken out