Insurers want to know whom they’re protecting and what they’re protecting them from. Knowing the risks lets insurers price their policies competitively.
Say you’ve got high blood pressure: most insurers will try to work out how much greater chance you have of being taken ill or dying compared to someone who hasn’t, and they’ll price your cover accordingly. (Similarly, if you take medication that controls your blood pressure and decreases your chances of illness, your insurer will decrease the cost of your cover too.)
It’s especially important to seek advice if you have a busy medical history. Different insurers take different views on different illnesses, and a condition that might increase the cost of one policy might cost a lot less with another.
LifeSearch will compare cover from all of the UK’s leading insurers to find the policy that best suits you.
Since 1998, happy LifeSearch teams have protected more than 700,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market: insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Multiple winners; Protection Review & Money Marketing Awards
- Trustpilot ‘Excellent’ year after year from thousands of reviews