Since you’ve asked, here are some facts. This may not be the most cheerful thing you’re going to read today, but if it goes some way to protecting you, or your family, then maybe it’s a good thing.
Sitting comfortably? Got a cup of tea? Then let us begin.
- One child in 29 loses a parent before they've finished full-time education. (Aviva, Jan 2013).
- A non-smoking 30-year old man has a 44% risk of being unable to work for two months or more before age 70, a 25% risk of serious illness and a 14% risk of death. (LV= Risk reality Sept 2014)
- For a smoker that rises to a 54% risk of being unable to work for two months, a 40% risk of serious illness and a 27% risk of death.
- The average working-age family has finances enough to survive 11 days if the main bread-winner’s income is lost through long-term sickness or critical illness. (Legal & General 2014)
- More than one in three people will be diagnosed with some form of cancer during their lifetime. (British Journal of Cancer, 2011. 105(3): p. 460-5)
- Heart and circulatory diseases cause more than a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that’s nearly 170,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK. (British Heart Foundation)
We are all mortal, and sometimes bad things happen to us: 45% of us have the personal experience of knowing someone who has suffered a serious illness or injury. The best we can do, under any circumstances, is to plan for an unknown future and protect what is dear to us. Talk to us and find out how you can protect yourself and your family.
Since 1998, happy LifeSearch teams have protected more than 700,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market: insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Multiple winners; Protection Review & Money Marketing Awards
- Trustpilot ‘Excellent’ year after year from thousands of reviews