Critical Illness Cover pays you a tax-free cash lump sum if you’re diagnosed with one of the conditions listed in your policy.
The illnesses covered by a Critical Illness policy must include: certain types/stages of cancer, coronary artery bypass, heart attack, kidney failure, major organ transplant, multiple sclerosis and stroke. These illnesses account for 90% of all Critical Illness claims, and a Critical Illness policy has to cover those as a minimum.
Most policies cover an additional thirteen conditions, but at LifeSearch we’ll only recommend policies from insurers who cover a minimum of 30 different conditions. (Lesser policies aren’t cheaper in our view, they’re just worse.) Some types of policy can offer cover for even more: talk to us and let us help you choose the policy that’s right for you.
Since 1998, happy LifeSearch teams have protected more than 640,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market: insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Over 80 awards and a super-high TrustPilot score
- Top #3 in Sunday Times Best Places to Work