Body Mass Index describes the relationship between an individual’s height and weight. A simple calculation using your height and weight generates a number that falls into one of four categories: ‘Underweight’, ‘Normal’, ‘Overweight’ and ‘Obese’.
Some insurers like to use Body Mass Index as a predictor of health and use this information when they’re setting the prices they charge. Other insurers are much more liberal and it affects their prices less. Whatever your BMI, knowing this information will help us find the right policy for you.
Since 1998, happy LifeSearch teams have protected more than 700,000 UK families
- Fee-free expert advice, free support services
- We hunt the market: insurers you know and some you don't
- We advise, we search, but you decide
- Multiple winners; Protection Review & Money Marketing Awards
- Trustpilot ‘Excellent’ year after year from thousands of reviews