How can we help you find your perfect cover?
LifeSearch Restructures Board
26 Oct 2018
LifeSearch has today announced a restructuring of its board to maintain the culture and values the business regards as its most valuable asset while continuing rapid growth at ever greater scale.
Care, Excellence, Tolerance, Openness and Honesty drive the business and from today, the seven-strong LifeSearch board, which will continue to be headed by Tom Baigrie, CEO, will consist of the following members:
- Tamsin Parker, joins the board as Chief Operating Officer. Having joined the team 15 years ago, Tamsin has long led both strategic project delivery and the cultural development of the business’ operations.
- Emma Walker, joins the board as Chief Marketing Officer. Emma joined LifeSearch in 2017 as Digital Director and previously held senior roles at SunLife and MoneySupermarket.
- Paula Bertram-Lax, joins the board as Chief Customer Officer. Paula has led the 200+ adviser team for the last 3 years and will now lead all 350+ people who talk with our customers daily as this role now covers every aspect of the LifeSearch customer experience.
- Sean Marsh, continues as Chief Commercial Officer. Sean has been developing and managing key partnerships for LifeSearch since 2011 and so has a deep understanding of both our marketing partners’ and insurers’ current and future requirements.
- Chris Neilson, joins the board as Chief Technology Officer. Chris joined LifeSearch in 2017 and is transforming our technological capabilities including the propositions we provide for our partners and the service our customers enjoy.
- Hugh Watchorn, continues as Chief Finance Officer. Hugh joined in 2017 and was previously the CFO of Bonhams the auctioneer. He will provide the board with the finance skills a larger scale business requires, as well as wider non-executive guidance to the CEO.
Tom Baigrie, founder and CEO of LifeSearch said:
“LifeSearch now protects 100,000 people and families a year and rising. We are already the UK’s largest and most awarded protection intermediary and our continued strong growth and financial strength are the product of our culture, our values and the resulting way we behave towards each other and our customers. We are far from perfect, but we do good work and our teams do love protecting families properly. This restructure reflects our determination that no matter how large we grow we will keep true to our values and do right by our customers. That’s how and why we make our money and love our jobs.”
Tamsin Parker, COO of LifeSearch commented:
“After 15 years helping to grow LifeSearch, I take great pride in the fact that we try our hardest to do things right by our customers and our people, and are proving that this is the best way to succeed in financial services. We have created a culture of genuine partnership (in part derived from our shareholders’ annual 25% profit distribution to the wider team) which encourages all of us to take personal responsibility for doing right by our customers. Maintaining this ethos while growing rapidly requires constant effort, but we are proving that it can deliver exceptional business growth, a place our employees want to work and, above all, advice and service our customers love.”
Tom Baigrie as CEO also continues to be responsible for all the business’s compliance and regulatory requirements.
LifeSearch is the UK's largest independent life insurance and protection intermediary, offering advice to consumers on life insurance, critical illness cover, income protection, family income benefit, serious illness cover and unemployment cover. As at September 2018, the company arranged close to 4,000 policies every week. Its business is drawn through its own growing brand strength and its partners, which include Compare the Market; Moneysupermarket and Lloyds Banking Group. LifeSearch has won more than 60 awards for advice and service quality, professional development and employee engagement. The company as at September 2018 had a 9.5 TrustPilot rating and an employee retention rate of 88.6%. Established in 1998 by Tom Baigrie and Arthur Davies, LifeSearch has offices in London, Milton Keynes, Leeds and Cape Town as well as franchise branches all over the UK. LifeSearch Holdings Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
The Strangest Things Left in Wills
15 Jul 2022
You won't believe some of the weird and wonderful things people leave in their wills.
Health, Wealth & Happiness 2022 - Press Release
12 May 2022
Brits’ health, wealth and happiness remain at record ten year low...