How can we help you find your perfect cover?
Christmas Cooking with LifeSearch
13 Dec 2019
Another chance to jump into the kitchen with a LifeSearcher:
Today have something for the savoury fans. This one comes from another long serving LifeSearch Legend Claire Pearce. There are rumours that the recipe actually belongs to her mum but we will allow it as it’s Christmas.
Red Apples – Grated
Cheddar Cheese Grated 8oz
Salt & Pepper
Two sheets of ready bought puff pastry
1. Combine the sausage meat so the ingredients should be fairly thick, roll one piece of the pastry out
2. exact measurements don’t matter too much as it will just come out a little more cheesy or meaty – might be worth noting what you put in to start with and then alter if you make it again.
3. Place the sausage meat mix on this – about 1.5 cm deep
4. Roll the other pastry out and place on top – it needs to be large enough to cover the sausage meat
5. Across the top of the pastry draw lines in a diamond pattern/grid and press the edges together with a little milk/egg to help seal
6. Brush with egg or milk
7. Bake at around 180 C until top is as brown as you can get it.
Alternatively make into traditional sausage roll shape.
17 Jul 2020
One in four Brits now without financial safety net due to coronavirus
Every Ill Child Deserves a Roald Dahl Nurse
16 Jul 2020
Every seriously ill child deserves a Roald Dahl specialist nurse